Leadership Team Coaching
Shut Up and Drive
“Why can’t my execs stop complaining about each other and just do their jobs?” Ninety percent of the time, when someone meets with the CEO, it’s to complain about someone else. This kind of triangulation undermines trust and wastes precious time and energy.
We help leaders acknowledge this dynamic and stop enabling it. And we coach their direct reports—individually and as a team—to turn those oft-repeated phrases “personal responsibility” and “increased accountability” into measurable results.
What we do:
- speak with the leader and each member of the team confidentially to determine what’s working, what’s not, and why
- observe the team in meetings, and debrief with the leader afterward
- coach the leader on how to change what he/she is doing to improve the dynamics and functionality of the team
- provide short training sessions and presentations, such as our provocative presentation on triangulation in the workplace
- design and facilitate leadership team retreats to improve the functioning of the group
- facilitate a half-day leadership team workshop using the FIRO-B assessment