How to Hire High Performers
Interviewing and Hiring Techniques that Improve Your Hiring Hit Rate
Few business practices have remained as established and consistently used across the country (and much of the world) as the way managers and HR professionals interview and hire new employees. Researchers in the U.S. have been studying the techniques that contribute to making good and bad hiring decisions for decades. Yet few managers have access to the recommendations of these experts, or the time to review and revise their hiring practices to be more effective.
There are a number of techniques that have been proven to work better than the traditional hiring methods you learned from your boss. This three-hour fast-paced workshop covers:
- Why conventional interviews are poor at gathering accurate information, and good at reinforcing bias and first impressions
- Conducting better interviews that elicit true stories from candidates instead of what they think you want to hear
- The best practices to incorporate into every hiring process
- Why it’s important to have search committees, and how to set them up for success
- How to dig deeper with references
By the end of this presentation, clients tell Deb they will never interview or make hiring decisions the same way again.