Management Training + Communication Intensive
We’re not interested in delivering feel-good training programs with cute icebreaker exercises. Instead, we have participants roleplay (yeah, they don’t love doing it, but we don’t give them a choice) real-life situations on camera, and then receive feedback immediately from their colleagues and an executive coach as they watch themselves on tape. Then we have them do it again. This intensive, video-based approach to training is powerful, slightly painful, and permanently transformational. If you want your managers to learn how to confidently handle difficult conversations, to successfully give feedback, and to effectively influence others, and have it stick after they leave the program, let’s get serious.
Our program has three components.
- Management training: a full-day management training curriculum, which includes feedback from our competency-based Management Fundamentals Feedback Survey (we have 180- and 360-degree versions) taken in advance
- Communication skills training: a half-day program for groups of any size
- Communication bootcamps: a full-day program including video-based practice sessions and peer feedback for groups limited to 4 leaders at a time
Clients seeking to train a select group of high-potential managers combine all three modules, for a total of 2-1/2 days of training. Clients who want train a larger, mixed group of managers and staff, but give their managers more in-depth training and practice, start with the communication skills training for everyone, and then follow-up with the communication bootcamps for select groups of leaders. We also offer the half-day communication skills training alone for clients who are looking for a substantive, short program that everyone can attend.
The communication bootcamps are highly effective, with:
- an unusually high trainer-to-participant ratio (1:4)
- real-life situations prepared in advance by participants
- recorded roleplays followed by in-depth analysis and peer feedback to anchor the concepts taught and to give each participant multiple practice sessions
- short, easy-to-apply modules based on adult learning and communication theory
- a highly experienced executive coach as trainer